Forbidden -- Gone

The clouds that were closed and packed tightly together slowly began to loosen up as a bright light formed from the middle and began to shoot luminously upwards. The way God suddenly appears in front of people always awed me because the luminous light won’t blind anybody who saw it and but it will make you keep looking at it and treasure every string of this pure light as though you will never see it again.

It seems that He must have seen my troubled face from wherever he was and came to chat with me. God is always with us, and we felt His presence strongly in our hearts wherever we go. However, my troubles had caused me to moved forward blindly like an old, grumpy woman. I had failed to acknowledge and remember that God is always willingly to help, no matter who and what we are.

By the time I stop daydreaming, God is already in front of me on a fluffy, white cloud. As always, His way of dressing reminds me of a strict and organized person. But, His kind eyes and big heart says otherwise. He was leaning on His left arm to look at me sideways from his cushion while looking patiently at me with His famous fatherly look. Obviously, He knows that I had finally found my way out from the cloudy maze of confusion and fear and had come to seek Him at last.

He smiled a smile so gorgeous that it instantly lightens up my mood a lot. For a moment, I thought His smile healed me of my troubles, as I could not feel any pain in my heart. However, the ache in my heart began to claw at me again and my heart felt like an anchor sinking into the depths of a forgotten, deep sea. I wince unwillingly.

My whole body shivered at the gnawed of the evil claw on my heart as I look away from God, guiltily. My eyes were downcast as I shifted my body uneasily.

“Tell me, Hope.” I jumped, although His voice was soft and kind. I look up unwillingly, and just can’t seem to tear my eyes away from His gentle face, kind smile and patient eyes. His eyes show no pretence of impatient, or maybe because it was his voice, kind yet a strict order that made me open up, to decades of the horrifying truth.

And so, my story begins.


I was one of the Three, Angel0fHope ever since the day I had finished my exclusive training. It was hard work, and it paid off when I could see the happy faces of everyone and hear their contented laughter. For many centuries, all was well. However, what begins must also end.

At that time, many angels fell sick. Especially from those who came back from earth. Those that were appointed to investigate were never seen nor heard from again. Therefore, I was chosen to go forward to not only bring God’s message to the living beings there but to also find out the source of our kind’s sickness.

Angel0fLove and Angel0fFaith were horrified when they learned about this. They could not bear to see me go willingly into the lion’s mouth, yet they know that this duty was inevitable. In their eyes, I could see that they are worried for my safety. I guess this was because I was the youngest in the Three. However, I kiss them both on the cheeks before departing. Bringing along only necessities, everyone’s blessings and God’s love.

When I had arrived, I immediately blended in with the crowd although I show signs of suffocation. The air on earth was full of germs, microorganisms and pollutants that were indescribable. I frowned, and coughed out what I had breathed. It’s disgusting; the way cars nearby vomit and sputter out fumes and smoke, choking poor human beings and making them fall ill. However, cars could not be the only problem. The weather is too hot down here, almost as close to the minimum temperature in Hell.

There were just too many cars zooming fast on the highways. The drivers were cold and merciless, and to add to the horrifying combination, reckless as well. When the green light is shown for pedestrians to cross, cars still zoomed past like they have not a care in the world. Even when a little girl had the right to cross and tried to, cars did not stop. They just kept going.

Before the human beings know it, a truck zoomed in and bangs the poor girl. Screams were heard and curses were hurled. The truck driver, who was scared out of his wits, just zoomed away. Leaving the pained form on the ground. Many people surrounded her. Only a handful was helpful. The rest, were just busybodies. Shouting and screaming, “What happened?” when those who truly cared called the responsible authorities, encourage and try with all their might to save the poor, helpless girl.

Tears are words the heart can’t say. Right now, I can clearly hear her voice through those heavy tears that were pouring down her face. She is in pain, but she was still thinking about her ill mother back at home. How she needed to get the medicine home as fast as possible or it will be too late. She was silently sobbing, trying to get away from the crowd despite her fatal wounds. Her efforts proved futile, as the crowd thickens.

God was right; children are the only innocent and pure left in this world. Without them, humankind surely would have been destroyed long ago. Her efforts stabbed me right through the heart spiritually while her silent pleas plead me to save her and her mother. I had orders to not interfere with others, but I guess my heart think so otherwise.

I pushed my way through the sweaty crowd and kneel down in front of her. Placing my hand onto her fatal wounds, I mumbled a few of the ancient words and watch as my silent magic transferred from my hand to her wounds. As she slumped unconscious and the police cars and ambulance had arrived, I took the bloody bottle of medicine and left. Nobody had acknowledged my presence, and I plan to keep it that way as I let my sixth sense guide me to the girl’s house.

As I walk further down the road, I saw scenes I thought could only be available in Hell. Robbing of convenient stores by only a gang of teenagers that were around fifteen or sixteen, parents restricting their children to only to children of their current or higher status, gates being climbed to just steal a cheap pair of shoes and as the evening progress, a young man in his twenties having sex with a young girl in her teenage years. Obviously, this two are not married to each other otherwise they will not be so jumpy when they even hear a nearby dog barking.

I shook my head, and try to clear the images from my head. However, they were stuck there like a dung beetle stuck to a fine lump of dung. I look around and saw that I had reached a poor run-down house that looks like it was haunted. As I walk inside, I saw that the house was badly in need of paint and there were no windows or doors at all. The floor was strewn with filth, rubbish and dung from who knows where.

I walked inside the house and my sharp ears had caught the sound of someone painfully trying to breathe. I ignore my surroundings as I find the source of this sound. I found her soon enough in this one-room house. A pallid-faced woman in her twenties was lying on a broken and lumpy mattress on the dusty floor. Her clothes were not covered in filth but in sweat. Her eyes were closed in pain as she tried to breathe. By the bedside, there were various drugs and needles.

I could not help but stare at the condition. She looks young and must have been beautiful but she had aged quite a lot, probably from stress, sorrow and pain. “Jill.” It sounded like she must have took quite an effort to just say a word. “Jill, hand me the cocaine.” My eyes became bigger as I then proceed to check the label of the bloody bottle I was holding. It was really cocaine pills. Their white powdery forms that eat away human beings from the inside in exchange for giving pleasure from the outside.

Disgusted, I walk away from her as I crush the bottle and it contents with the fire spell that was formed in my hand. I was almost fooled had I not notice the needles and bottles by her bedside. Seriously, what in the world are human beings trying to get when they destroy themselves like that?

Over the next few days, I was guilty of not saving the human being. However, the guilt was short-lived when I visited the girl. Her condition was beginning to become as healthy as a horse, and a healthy glow is returning to that pallid but beautiful face of hers. I had brought her flowers and fruits every time I visited her and soon, we became friends. Laughing and smiling, I told her about a lot of interesting facts of this world and she would listen while always trying to absorb every detail.

And during those days, I became a part-time preacher while I also found a job as a secretary in a small-time company. It wasn’t much, but the pay is just enough for me to live comfortably in a simple wooden hut in the middle of a busy town and for Jill’s hospital fees. However, I still manage to be clear-headed on what my mission was. And it so happens, that my part-time preacher job is handy for this sort of occasion.

For my first time, the Head Priest will show me how to preach before I can begin on my own. That Sunday in church, the atmosphere reminded me of my days in Heaven above. It was peaceful and quiet, and the sun shining through the windows was shining through gently.

When it was eight in the morning, many people came through the door with hushed voices and excited whispers. I was amazed that human beings were still spiritually bound to God, but I wish I had never thought that. You see, few were the human beings that really open their heart to God. The rest, who knows where they are, as I could not feel their mind in their brains. I even saw a few kids or was it young adults that kept on playing with their Sony PSP even though the session is about to begin.

I could not help but frown even though it is not the nature of angels to do that. The condition on earth has reached the critical level, and they may self-destroy themselves if nothing is done. I know that it is the perfect time to act now.


P.S. Part 1 can be found in this blog.. JUst go to section > Saturday, December 27, 2008

Broken Heart Myspace Comments
MyNiceSpace.com



tO b3 conTinu3d..

Comments

Popular Posts