That Unconditioned Smile

Years.

Somehow, I matured in advising everyone before I reach that certain age.
Any advice I gave, it would help people along in some part of their lives.
Giving people love advice was common sense and comes easily to my mind.

I was slacking through life when I met an old friend.
His girl, now ex, left him for another guy.
And I saw him slouching on the couch looking gloomy earlier this year.

Sad to see a relationship in pieces.
Sad to see another love slowly dying.
Sad to see another guy doubting love.
Sad to see him looking down as I saw the girl and her new love walking about.

So, I went to comfort him. It was quite an emotional moment.
He poured out his feelings and hurt.
I saw it through the windows of his soul; the fact that he could not believe that this thing could happened to him.

It was not a surprise.
This kind of love was quite common nowadays.
One night stand, flings, empty love..

The only thing that was hard to find in this world was a person you loved that loves you back not for whom where you came from, but for who you truly are.

He sighed.
I gave a small sad smile.
To be honest, I thought they would last longer.
They started during SPM year.
They should not be in this condition.

I gave him my advice.
Hoping that he would cheer up.
Hoping that he would again smile, while struggling to escape the darkness surrounding him.

He finally asked a question.
"How come you guys managed to last 4 years?"
I was not really that surprised he asked this question at this moment in his life.
I looked into his eyes, full of wonder and probably, admiration.

I told him.
Life was not always ups in a relationship.
There had to be downs.

I told him.
The last 9 months of my life was seriously Hell-ish.
The pain of loving someone who obviously did not love me.
Even though it was like this for the past three years, last year's was the worst.

The lies came pouring out at an unexpected moment.
My studies went down the drain as my life grasp my heart in pain.
It was a disaster. Ultimate disaster.

SPM year and I had to dealt with this.
Of all the years he can choose, he have to choose this year.

I have to admit though.
The gal was quite pretty.
But, I don't really care.
I could not care either.

My eyes were always full with tears.
My heart was always in pain.
My body always ached from sleepless nights.
My studies suffering as my friends all tried to pull me back from the darkness surrounding me.

Every single time his eyes floated towards her, my heart pounded my nerves so harshly; I had to look away.
It was obvious from that moment.
I no longer existed in his heart.

For half a year, I stood alone in the darkness.
There seem no way to escape.
There seem no path for me to run away.
All, I could think in my mind..
was him running towards the girl while leaving me behind.

The guy was shocked.
"Then why are you guys still together?"
All I could do was smile and replied,
"Love will find a way."

Since then, I never heard from either of them..
until recently when I accidentally clicked on the guy's Facebook profile.
It seems like my old friend's love found a way after all..
and I smiled.

They are together.
They are smiling.
They are happy.
What matters the most was..
their love found a way and that's why I smiled.

It felt so good to help love find a way back into people's lives.

tO b3 conTinu3d..

Comments

Popular Posts